Industrial Product Designer
Red Fox Create
Applications closed / Position Filled
Red Fox Group is a Marketing & Research Agency that offers a full end-to-end Customer & Consumer Marketing service, from insights through to execution (through its network of independent subsidiaries). Red Fox Group assists organisations in becoming indispensable business partners to their customers and brands to win with shoppers at the point of purchase and wherever they are enjoyed.
- Red Fox Create is a design and manufacturing company of tailored brand visibility solutions. The business takes pride in delivering impactful solutions that work. Solutions that grab the attention of consumers and shoppers and influence their purchase behaviour. Solutions that are practical to implement in the retail environment, both locally and abroad.
- Red Fox Consult is a highly successful Customer and Consumer Marketing consulting business. Red Fox Consult has worked with an enviable list of leading global brands, helping them develop strategies and plans to build their businesses on the African continent. We approach each project as a unique challenge offering tailored solutions. We bring an open mind, natural curiosity, and a desire to really understand our client’s challenges.
- Red Fox Insight is a market research agency full of fresh ideas and loads of experience. While we are into new tech, we are grounded in reality – everything we do comes with a strong focus on practical application. We have an Africa-wide network that allows us to conduct research across the continent.
- Red Fox Connect is a digital marketing agency that blends strategic, creative, and technical expertise, producing dynamic end-user experiences and memorable brand ignition. We work across the board from digital strategy to web design, video and print production, social to SEO, graphic design, information visualization services and so much more.
The shopper and consumer environment is rapidly developing, and the methodologies to understand shopper behaviour have evolved significantly through adaptations of consumer marketing techniques (interviews, questionnaires, diaries) and through the development of shopper-specific techniques. The key is to understand how to interrupt, engage and convert shoppers in the retail (or spending) environment, as well in the virtual world where consumers now spend vast amounts of their time.
Brands struggle to stand out in these cluttered spaces.
Red Fox Create is one of few companies that can truly offer a full end-to-end Customer & Consumer service, from insights through to execution, reaching shoppers and consumers not only in the real world but also in the digital space and where they enjoy the products they purchase.
Purpose of the role
Delivery of innovative, impactful designs that exceed client expectations yet are also practical to implement and produce.
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma in Industrial/Product Design or similar
- Minimum of 3 years work experience (Preferably in the Point of Sale / Design Industry)
- Experience in manufacturing environment beneficial
- Visual Portfolio of work preferred
Technical Proficiency in the following software applications
- SolidWorks / Rhino / Inventor or similar
- Adobe Photoshop
- Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Key Personal Attributes & Other Requirements
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong prioritisation and organisation skills
- High EQ – Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities
- Own Transport
- Driver’s license
- Work on site
- Conduct off site surveys where precise measurements are required to execute designs
- Possible International travel from time to time
Key Role Outputs
- Creation and execution of impactful designs from the initial briefing, through the conceptual phase and then to the final design.
- Work closely with the design, technical and sales departments to ensure the designs delivered are of a high standard and can be manufactured efficiently and to our quality standards and clients’ expectations
- Creation of digital assets to assist the design team.
- Retopology, conversion and preparation of CAD geometry for use in traditional 3D packages.
- Mentoring and assisting junior or mid-level 3D Artists/Designers where necessary.
Level & Salary
- Looking for Mid or Senior Level
- Market related commensurate with qualifications and experience